Youth events kept simple!
Throughout the year, Nunawading and Waverley Lutheran Church and St Paul’s Box Hill Lutheran Church will host events for our youth (high school aged children), families and friends with the aim to:
- connect our youth (high school aged children) together;
- allow our youth opportunities to spend time in biblical reflection with each other;
- provide an opportunity for young people who might be interested in learning more about God, or those who are sceptical, to have a safe space to investigate and enquire;
- build Christian friendships;
- connect families across the eastern metro area;
- provide an opportunity for easy intergenerational ministry.
These evenings are a chance to spend a relaxed time in fellowship with other Christians, share a meal, play some board games and have discussions about all things God and church. Families, friends and youth are then encouraged to go back to their communities and congregations refreshed and taking comfort in the knowledge that there are others out there who are like them, part of something ‘bigger’! You don’t have to be a believer to come, and you don’t even have to be Lutheran!!
Families are very busy these days, with their children often committed to many different groups. Our Youth, Families and Friends events are intended to be occasional but intentional so that families can prioritise them.
Our most recent event was held at Redeemer Waverley Lutheran Church.
Our next event will be on:
Friday 5th May,
Hosted by St Paul’s Box Hill, at: 711 Station St, Box Hill
7.00pm – 9.30pm
RSVP to Amanda: email@example.com
All are welcome to these events! I will email out direct to congregations each time there is another event coming up, so please check in with your Pastor.
Nunawading and Waverley Lutheran Church
Youth and Young Adults Pathways Coordinator