District Councils and Committees
The District Church Council (DCC) acts as the synod between conventions. The district’s ministry is conducted through two coordinating councils, the Council for Ministry Support (CMS) and the Council for Lutheran Education, Vic, NSW and Tas (CLEVNT).
District committees and sub committees
The district’s administration and education are supported by the following councils and committees:
- DCC Constitutions Sub Committee
- DCC Finance and Audit Sub Committee
- DCC Risk and Compliance Sub Committee
- DCC People and Strategy Sub Committee
- District Call Committee (reporting to the bishop)
- Ecumenical Advisory Committee (reporting to the bishop)
- CMS African and Migrant Ministry Reference Group (AMMRG)
- CMS Committee for Youth and Young Adult Ministry (CYYAM)
- CMS Pakenham Lakeside Mission Committee (PLMC)
- CMS South East Finance Committee (SEFC)
- CLEVNT Schools Assembly
Information includes the LCA Governance Framework, a must read for congregation and parish office bearers as well as District Council members.
For information regarding membership to these councils and committees, please contact the District Office. If you have an LCA email address, you may access the LCA Portal to view membership and contact details for district council and committee members.