District Church Council
District Church Council (DCC) is the governance body for the Victoria – Tasmania District. Three sub-committees to the Council were established, arising from an administrative review, to provide additional advice to the Council for decision-making purposes. The three sub-committees are:
- Compliance and Risk
- Finance and Administration
- People and Strategy.
District Church Council discusses and approves the major financial and policy decisions that impact the Victoria – Tasmania District.
Click HERE for District Church Council Terms of Reference.
Click HERE for the DCC Strategic Directions 2016 -2020
Click HERE for the DCC Strategic Directions 2020 - 2024
- Dr. David Bergmann (Chairperson)
- Rev. Lester Priebbenow (Bishop)
- Rev. Matthias Prenzler (Assistant Bishop)
- Ralph Brinkmann
- Rev. Milton Fritsch
- Katie Lang
- Sue Morrison
- Rev. Dr. Tim Stringer
- Adam Zibell
- Sabine Haeusler (Chair CMS)
Consultants to DCC:
- Stephen Mildred (District Administrator)
- Pastor Brett Kennett (Pastor for Congregational Support)
- Julian Denholm (Executive Director LEVNT)
In recent years District Church Council have met with congregational leadership on a rolling geographical basis as part of their scheduled meetings, one weekend in a regional location, and one in a metro location. The current 2022 DCC meeting schedule is:
- 10 February teleconference
- 25 March F2F
- 05 May teleconference
- 24 - 25 June F2F Strategy Day
- 06 & 07 August Regional visit
- 15 September teleconference (TBC)
- 25 November F2F
*Meeting dates may be subject to change.