Lenten Appeal Brochures will arrive at Congregations soon, providing the opportunity to engage in the community with redemptive grace. Our Bishop reflects: “The cross of Christ is the pinnacle of our Saviour’s redemptive mission, reminding us that he knows, understands, cares, and acts in our fallen world – and indeed in our lives – according to his grace.
As we walk our Lenten journey God gives us the opportunity to respond to God’s great sacrifice for us by making a ‘sacrifice of thanksgiving’ (Psalm 116:17) that will support others spiritually and materially.”
Areas you may wish to support include
* Croydon Outer Eastern congregation’s The Dining Room program (in association with other agencies)
* Ringwood congregation providing community meals, food parcels and aid
* Moorabbin Dandenong providing general welfare support to those in crisis or critical need
* Knox Community Seniors Winter Soup Program
* District Necessities of Life Project for those in crisis or critical need
or you may wish to provide direct support to lay workers like Michelle Filipovic, Erin Grainger, and Kathleen Mills variously serving and supporting asylum seekers, refugees and local welfare response.
The Lenten Appeal brochure can be downloaded HERE